• Body Guard (Hogu)
• Shin-instep Protector
• Forearm Protector
• Hand Protector
• Groin Protection
• Mouth Piece
• Electronic Scoring Equipment
• Electronic Scoring Systems
• Open Stance: Both fighters’ bodies are oriented in the same direction; red fighter with right foot behind and blue fighter with left foot behind, or vice versa.
• Closed Stance: Both fighters’ bodies are oriented in opposite directions; red fighter with right foot behind and blue fighter with right foot behind, or red fighter with left foot behind and blue fighter with left foot behind.
• Safety Zone: The area outside of the opponent’s kicking range. To score from the safety zone, the opponent must move closer to the fighter before attacking.
• Kicking Zone: The area that is both inside of the opponent’s kicking range and outside of the radius within which the opponent is too crowded to score with a kick.
• Punching Zone: The area inside of the opponent’s punching range.
• Clinch: Both fighters are tied up or pressing against one another, and there is no space for either one to attack until the clinch is broken.